December 13 2020
Good tidings of great Joy
Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:8-14
I. The good tiding of great joy in the name ‘Jesus’
II. The good tiding of great joy in the name ‘Emmanuel’
III. The good tidings of great joy have two great purposes- His glory and our peace.
Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son
18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[a]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[b] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[c] because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[d] (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
- Matthew 1:18-25
PRAISE, PRAYER AND THANKSGIVING
- Praise God for the lovely rain we have had this week and continue to pray for more
- Praise God for our children, many of whom have received accolades these past weeks for the amazing work they have done in their schooling. Praise God for their commitment and dedication
- Praise God for those who have graduated from Preschool to Transition; Primary school to Middle school; Middle school to Senior school; Senior school to Further studies
- Praise God for the many celebrations we have had with our Bible Study groups remembering the "real' reason for this season namely Jesus who became a man and lived amongst us and gave His life for us
- Praise God for our Sunday School children who shared this great message with us last week and a big THANKYOU to Ate Cynthia and the children for their presentation
- Praise God for our faithful Sunday School teachers who each week share God's Word with the kids
- Praise God that 18 of our young people have attended the NTE Conference held here in Darwin this past week and pray that they will continue to grow in their spiritual walk with support and mentoring of mature Christians in our fellowship
- Praise God for those who mentor and teach our Young Teens as well Continue to pray for Berlinda, Mama Teng, Heinz and others who are not well
- Pray that in the busyness of this time we will find opportunities to share the gospel
message with those we meet each day
- Pray for our unsaved loved ones that this Christmas they may respond to God's
calling on their life
- Pray for those who are not able to catch up with family due to COVID this
LIVE STREAM ARCHIVE
The Cross of Christ Series
Book of Ecclesiastes Series
BECOME A PART OF OUR FAMILY
We would love to see you and to have fellowship with you. Please join us in one of our Sunday Services. You can also fellowship with us in one of our Bible study group.
MCF MARARRA SUNDAY SERVICES
Sunday 9:30 AM
Sunday 4:30 PM
Contact: 0421722340 / 0491362565
Sunday 11:00 AM @ Good Shepherd School, Emery Avenue, Palmerston.
Contact: 0466187810 / 0429388895