April 4 2021
Jesus Meeting the Emmaus disciples
Disappointment with Jesus brings blindness;
Jesus’ very presence brings light –
He transforms, turns our lives upside down with his presence – so much so
that we can’t possibly keep it to ourselves
On the Road to Emmaus
13 Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognizing him.
17 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”
They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”
19 “What things?” he asked.
“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”
25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going farther. 29 But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.
30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.
- Luke 24:13-35
PRAISE, PRAYER AND THANKSGIVING
•Praise the Lord that He is risen, risen indeed
•Praise the Lord for all that He has done for us and continue to do for us
•Praise the Lord for our service on Good Friday and our visitors who came to worship with us
• Praise the Lord for the refreshing time we can have with our families and friends over this Easter break
• Praise the Lord for those who have celebrated birthdays this past few weeks and wedding anniversaries
• Pray for those who continue to be unwell in our fellowship
• Pray for Jobet and Laura, Rose Dela Cruz's brother and sister-in-law in the Philippines who are positive to COVID
• Pray for other family members in our fellowship whose relatives have COVID and praise God for those who have already recovered
• Pray for protection for our loved ones here and overseas during this challenging time of the virus
• Pray for Miles grandson Kyrie Marquez that he will be restored to good health
• Pray for the working party searching for a Pastor for our fellowship
• Pray for our missionaries in Israel especially Jack Sara and the Bible College in Bethlehem who have experienced lockdown again. This has impacted the economy of the country as they rely upon tourism
Thank you to those who gave for the woman in need. She is very thankful to
everyone who helped
LIVE STREAM ARCHIVE
The Cross of Christ Series
Book of Ecclesiastes Series
BECOME A PART OF OUR FAMILY
We would love to see you and to have fellowship with you. Please join us in one of our Sunday Services. You can also fellowship with us in one of our Bible study group.
MCF MARARRA SUNDAY SERVICES
Sunday 9:30 AM
Sunday 4:30 PM
Contact: 0421722340 / 0491362565
Sunday 11:00 AM @ Good Shepherd School, Emery Avenue, Palmerston.
Contact: 0466187810 / 0429388895