July 12 2020
The Cross of Christ Pt.3
Were they ignorant?
1. Were the accusers really ignorant? Did they
2. What’s the infinite value of the accused?
3. The examples: two sins in OT
a) The sins of presumption
b) The sins of ignorance.
4. The petition went on…
The Crucifixion of Jesus
26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then
“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’[a]
31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”
32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[b] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.
- Luke 23:26-38
PRAISE, PRAYER AND THANKSGIVING
- Praise the Lord for the beautiful weather and many of our brethren have gone camping this weekend and again in a few weeks. Pray for their safety and fellowship one with another
- Praise the Lord for bringing home safely our families from holidays
- Praise the Lord for our jobs & continue to pray for those who are looking for work
- Praise the Lord that we have been able to support the needs of our missionaries this past year and continue to pray for our Palestinian Christians in Bethlehem during this lock-down period
- Pray for healing for those unwell in our fellowship, some are experiencing pain in different parts of their bodies
- Pray for protection as the borders are beginning to open up again, may we remain vigilant in keeping our self and others safe
- Pray particularly for Victoria during this epidemic
- Pray that we may remain faithful and hold onto the truth of the gospel
- Pray for the youth in our city, especially during this holiday period that they will find positive things to do
LIVE STREAM ARCHIVE
Book of Ecclesiastes Series
BECOME A PART OF OUR FAMILY
We would love to see you and to have fellowship with you. Please join us in one of our Sunday Services. You can also fellowship with us in one of our Bible study group.
MCF MARARRA SUNDAY SERVICES
Sunday 9:30 AM
Sunday 4:30 PM
Contact: 0421722340 / 0491362565
Sunday 11:00 AM @ Good Shepherd School, Emery Avenue, Palmerston.
Contact: 0466187810 / 0429388895